Nowadays, cancer is harming society in India and all across the world. So it is essential to take care of your health and understand the risk of developing cancer. Here, we will appraise all factors by following which you may avert cancer risk.
Essential Steps To Prevent Cancer
When taking action upon cancer is not possible, you can take control of the things that are in your hand. So, it is the perfect time we take the lead and take practicable steps to prevent the risk of developing cancer. Besides, you may opt for those foods that can fight with cancer as well as several changes in lifestyle may reduce the risk of cancer. There are some ways to reduce cancer risk; we discuss nine risks to reduce cancer risk.
- Eat a healthy diet – The anti-cancer diet happens to be a healthy diet plan, and it is simple. Eat at least 2/3 part of your food like vegetables and fill the remaining 1/3 part with animal protein or plant-based protein. Limiting food that’s high in sugar, salt, and fat, and eating more fruits, vegetables can help to reduce cancer risk.
- Maintain a healthy weight – Being increasing overweight fat enhance the risk of certain cancer, such as uterine, colorectal, lung, and post-menopausal breast cancer. Regular exercises reduce the risk of above cancer. When we are overweight by any amount, we are increasing our cancer risk. So losing weight will likely reduce our cancer risk.
- Be active – Physical activity is essential for maintaining normal body weight. Always sit less and do muscle-strengthening exercises at least 30 minutes a day, five days a week.
- Don’t smoke or use tobacco – According to James Mulshine,” One out of every two deaths before the age of 65 in our society is due to smoking.” Use any tobacco that puts a collision on cancer. Smoking is a cause of various types of cancer like; lung cancer, mouth cancer, pancreas, bladder, and kidney.
- Limit alcohol – To reduce cancer risk, it’s the best way not to drink alcohol. It causes several cancers like; breast, colorectal, and liver cancer.
- Get vaccinated – All females and males between the age of 9-26 should take the HPV vaccine. Cancer prevention also includes protection from various infections.
- Get screened – One of the most important factors is the screen test to reduce cancer risk. The screening test can find cancer early because it is most treatable. It also finds viruses that increase cancer risk in the human body.
- Protect yourself from UV rays – The fact is that most skin cancers can be prevented with the best skincare. Always avoid staying out too much between 10 am to 4 pm when the sun rays are the strongest. So, still, apply sunscreen lotion before stepping out and always use sunscreen that contains SPF-30 or higher.
- Know your family history – It is essential to know your family history to reduce cancer risk because family member shares their genes, as well as their environment, lifestyles, and habits. There are risks for diseases such as; asthma, diabetes, and cancer also run in families.
Conclusion: By following these steps we can save lives and society from cancer and its effects. If you want to know the signs and symptoms of cancer- Click here.