Osteoarthritis is a disease in which it leads to heavy pain in joints and also incurs stiffness to it. It is another type of arthritis in which the main joints like knees and elbows produce clicking sound, and while sitting or bending, a painful incidence occurs. It is also known as degenerative joint disease, degenerative arthritis, and wear-and-tear arthritis.
It is generally affected by persons who are 40 or 40 above age group. If clicking sound arises in the early stages, it can be just a sign of lack of fluidity in the body or due to the air bubbles in between the bones. Also, in early stages drinking water in standing to be a cause for the cracking or clicking sound of bones.
The most common symptoms of this osteoarthritis are a pain in joints, discomfort while touching the area in which pain arises, stiffness and swelling, and tiredness. These are some common symptoms that are usually seen in people who have osteoarthritis.
Nine causes of the osteoarthritis are as follows:
In some people, it has been seen that people who are born with joint abnormalities usually occur with osteoarthritis, and in some people, heredity is the main reason for this.
Due To Injuries:
Osteoarthritis can also occur in a person if he/she has some previous major injury in their knees or joints.
Cartilage is a hard, elastic substance which is more flexible and softer than a bone. Its major role is to protect the joints from moving flexible and softer as torn cartilage is also referred to as the cause of osteoarthritis.
Too Much Pressure On Joints:
It is said that overdoing any activity leads to destruction. The same goes for this as if a person puts too much pressure in bending his knees or any joint can also cause osteoarthritis.
It simply means that having too much fat in the body, which also leads to osteoarthritis. The additional fat cells produce swelling of various hormones, which can also cause some more chronic medical conditions.
Combined With Other Diseases:
If a person already has arthritis, then it can be possible that he/she can also have osteoarthritis.
Due To Bleeding Near Joints:
It can also lead to osteoarthritis as if some people have hemophilia or avascular necrosis; then, it can be possible you have osteoarthritis.
Due to aging, it can also lead to osteoarthritis as due to aging, the tissues are also aged.
If someone has weak muscles, then also it is possible that osteoarthritis can occur.
- Exercise: Daily normal exercise or any physical activity can restore your torn tissues or muscles, which will be beneficial for osteoarthritis.
- Diet: Every morning, you can eat 20 grams of soaked grams, which will help you to get more strength in the muscles.
- Turmeric Milk: Before sleeping, you can eat turmeric milk, and it is the best one for your health and beneficial for this disease also. Use ½ teaspoon turmeric and mix well in the milk.
- Acupressure: You have to press the middle joint in the middle finger if you have the pain in the knees and also helps in getting reduced swelling. Also, you can press the ring finger topmost areas near the nails to reduce the joint pains.
- Adequate Sleep: Resting is always better, as resting your muscles will surely reduce swelling and inflammation.
Osteoarthritis is a disease in which joints become very painful and also incur stiffness to it. It can be reduced by taking adequate sleep, doing regular exercise, acupressure, drinking turmeric milk, taking appropriate diets, etc.