Look at the path-breaking efforts to combat the risk of CVD!
Do you know what the biggest cause of death is global? You will be surprised to know that it’s not cancer, it’s not an accident, it’s not AIDS, no, not at all! It is your heart! Yeah…cardiovascular diseases make up for the largest number of deaths globally, the number standing at 17.9 million right now. Even as the World Heart Day is around the corner, thanks to the efforts of the World Heart Federation, it is our chance to offer a helping hand to these organizations and world leaders around the globe. The significance of this day is much greater than it seems! As anyone would do, I could give you tips to take care of your heart, but I decided not to! You already have all the needed advice at the tip of your fingertips! Just a quick Google search, and you are all informed! Instead, I think what we need to know today are the efforts that people are putting in for the good health of our heart!
So, let’s dive into who is doing what for our precious heart to stay precious and young forever:
- “Global Hearts,” World Health Organization’s (WHO) latest initiative, focuses on the prevention and control of CVD in developing countries. Their three technical package options, named as the SHAKE, HEARTS, and MPOWER, make sure to keep tobacco control in line, reduce salt intake, and increase physical activity.
- The combined efforts of police and hospital staff enable the success of the green corridor for heart transplants. Especially in India, the popularity of this method has caught on fast and is thankfully saving the lives of critical heart patients. From the speedy arrival of the donor’s heart to the hard work put in by hospital staff, there is conscious effort to take care of heart patients from every corner.
- The medical sector is also trying to bring in continuous innovations to control the number of deaths due to heart conditions. Stem Cell Therapy is one of the latest ones that can save your delicate heart from all the trouble.
- The implantable string subcutaneous defibrillators (ISSD) that are newly developed can stop sudden death due to heart problems. That’s nothing sort of a new lease of life for uncountable people waiting for a solution to get rid of this disease that can be fatal.
- Harvard University and Boston Children’s Hospital brings out a surprise from the pandora’s box! And it’s a robotic sleeve that can help a weak heart to beat, also eliminating the need for high-risk blood thinners. If this is not good news, nothing else is!
So now you know what efforts are being made to keep your heart safe! We want your heart to live long; now it’s up to you to take care of your precious heart! Everyone around, from doctors to world leaders, is caring for your heart, but are you? World Heart Day to you and all your loved ones!