Did you know that certain food affects your breathing pattern adversely? How important is breathing? Since oxygen is required to chew and digest food, the lungs get an extra job to do while we eat. The more we eat heavy food in one sitting, the more crowded it becomes around the diaphragm and lungs. That, in turn, makes it difficult for a person to breathe. If you are searching for dishes that help you breathe easily, then you are at the right place.
This article consists of a curated list of the best three food items to help you with your breathing pattern. These items are easy to prepare and do not require any special ingredients.
Spiced Mango Orange Smoothie
|Total Preparation + Cooking Time – 15 mins||Recipe Serving – 2|
Ripe mango: 1 small
Orange: 1 medium-sized
Ginger: 1 piece about 2 inches
Red chili: 1 piece
Honey: 2 tbsp
lemon juice : 3 tsp
Mint leaves: 4 – 5 pieces
- Step 1: Cut the orange into small pieces after peeling it. Do not forget to remove the seeds.
- Step 2: Repeat Step 1 for mangoes.
- Step 3: Grate the ginger.
- Step 4: Put the mango, orange, honey, red chili, crushed ice, and lemon juice in a blender/mixer.
- Step 5: Obtain a homogenous mix of all of the ingredients in Step 4.
- Step 6: Pour the mango smoothie into a glass, and top it up with mint leaves.
Rosemary-Garlic Chickpea Flatbread [Vegan]
|Total Preparation + Cooking Time – 1 hour 8 mins||Recipe Serving – 9|
Coconut Oil: 1 Tablespoon
Garlic, Minced: 2 Cloves
Fresh Minced Rosemary: 1 1/2 Tablespoons
Chickpea Flour: 2 Cups
Coconut Flour: 1/2 Cup
Egg Alternative: 1 Tablespoon
Ground Flax With Water : 3 Tablespoons
Sea Salt: 1 1/4 Teaspoons
Black Pepper: A Pinch
Cayenne: A Pinch
Water: 2 Cups And 1 Tablespoon
Olive Oil For Serving: (Optional)
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Step 2: While the oven Preheats, pour coconut oil in a pan and heat the skillet. Keep the flame at medium.
- Step 3: Add rosemary and minced garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes. Once it turns golden brown, pour the mixture into a bowl. Turn the heat off.
- Step 4: Then, add coconut flour, chickpea flour, sea salt, poultry eggs, cayenne, and black pepper to the mixture in the bowl. Mix it well.
- Step 5: Pour two and a half cups of water. Blend the mixer in a mixer/blender.
- Step 6: Grease an 8 x 8 pan with coconut oil. You can also use other oils. Pour the batter into the pan after the oil heats. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Step 7: Now, put the mixture into an oven. Leave for 12-15 minutes. You can insert a fork or a knife after the Rosemary-Garlic Chickpea Flatbread is baked to check for consistency.
- Step 8: Keep aside for 3 hours so that it thickens and cools.
- Step 9: Dip in olive oil, and enjoy the delicious dish.
Mushroom And Walnut Ravioli With Creamy Garlic Sauce [Vegan]
|Total Preparation + Cooking Time – 30 mins||Recipe Serving – 4|
- Plain Flour: 1 3/4 Cups
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 2 Teaspoons
- Water: 1/2 Cup
- Rosemary Salt/Dried Rosemary: 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic Powder: 2 Tablespoons
- Roughly Chopped Red Onions: 2 Medium Size
- Grated Chestnut Mushrooms: 2 Cups
- Roughly Chopped Walnuts: 1/2 Cup
- Crushed Garlic & Cloves: 2
- Rosemary Salt/Dried Rosemary: 2 Tablespoons
- Black Pepper: To Taste
- Soy Milk: 1 Cup
- Flour: 2 Tablespoons
- Yeast: 4 Tablespoons Nutritional
- Garlic Powder: 1 Tablespoon
- Rosemary Salt/Dried Rosemary: 1 Tablespoon
- Black Pepper: to taste
- Step 1: Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a pan, and fry the onions till they turn golden brown. Next, add the rest of the fillings, along with mushrooms, to the fried onions. Sauté for 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Step 2: Mix the pasta ingredients, and make a dough of the mixture. Make sure that the dough is not too loose.
- Step 3: Flatten the dough with a rolling pin. Keep it 1/8-inch in thickness. Cut that in square shape. Simultaneously, start to boil some water in a separate pan.
- Ste 4: Put 1 tbsp of filling mixture into each square. Place another square on top of it. Then crimp the edges on all sides to stick both the square pieces perfectly. Repeat the same for all the other square pieces and filing.
- Step 5: Place all the square fillings in the boiling water. Wait until the pieces start to float. That’s when the pasta cooking completes.
- Step 6: Mix all the sauce ingredients in a separate pan. Whisk the mixture until warm.
- Step 7: Enjoy the cooked pasta with the special sauce.
All of the above recipes have low calories; hence, they feel light in our stomachs. Also, lesser oxygen is required to consume the food. That makes it easier for you to breathe. The smoothie is one of the best options that you can incorporate into your diet daily.