Ayurveda is known by the name of “Mother of all Healing.” Ayurveda is a Sanskrit word derived from two words – “Ayur, which means life,” and “Veda means science or knowledge.” It is an alternative medicine system that contains historical roots in the Indian Subcontinent.
There are various ayurvedic medicines, and ayurvedic herbs are used to prevent and cure multiple infections. Some of the widely used ayurvedic churna are Triphala Churna, Sukhsarak churna, Shivkshar pachan churna, Swadist Virechan churna, and Pipramool churna, etc. And these all are the best antibacterial agents Epidermis, Vulgaris, Coli, Typhi, and much more bacterial infections as most of the ayurvedic medicines are created from plants, so these are safe to use than synthetic drugs and offer therapeutic benefits. There are more than 2000 herbal preparations and are sold as traditional medicines. But the most frequently and most widely used Ayurvedic medicines are churns. These churns are the combination of powders of multiple herbal plants as a combination of different medications increases the antimicrobial spectrum, which is best suited against infections.
Benefits Of Ayurveda
- Ayurveda improves the vitality and strength of our body
- Ayurveda helps in balancing the doshas
- It provides complete relief from an illness
- The best benefit of Ayurveda is that it boosts our immune system and increases our healing power.
- It is a natural line of treatment.
Now we will look at some of the ayurvedic herbs and medicines used in daily life to cure many diseases and infections.
Giloy: Best Immunity Builder
Giloy is one of the best ayurvedic herbs which boosts the immunity of our body. It is also known by the name of Guduchi. Giloy has an extraordinary ability that removes toxins and nourishes our body. Giloy is used for treating feer, cold, and viral infections. Giloy balances your doshas which prevents your body from various infections and diseases. Giloy is preventive and curative. It increases the amount of White Blood Cells (WBC) in the human body.
Some of the major benefits of Giloy are listed below:-
- Giloy is used for the treatment of Fever and immunity
- Help your body from virus infections
- Giloy also reduces stress and anxiety
- Giloy also protects your body from gastrointestinal infections
Shatavari: Queen Of Herbs
Shatavari is known as the “Queen of Herbs.” It is because it contains Saponins it due to which have a very good antioxidant property. Therefore, it is used to get relief from acidity symptoms, helps in curing esophagus, intestinal ulcers. In addition, Shatavari is also beneficial for the female reproductive system.
Some of the advantages of Shatavari are given below:-
- Enhance immunity f your body
- It helps in reducing inflammations
- Effective in alleviating respiratory symptoms
- Helps in maintaining blood sugar level
- Helps in controlling anti-aging changes of skin
Neem: Best Ayurvedic Herb
The scientific name of Neem is Azadirachta indica. It is a well-known herb due to its bitter taste. Neem has excellent healing power, and it is used in curing multiple disorders and infections. Neem contains antibacterial, antimicrobial, antifungal, and antiseptic properties. Neem helps treat several diseases and infections like – eczema, malarial fever, leprosy, intestinal worms, skin ulcers, gum disease, liver problems, chickenpox, and much more.
Neem has uncountable advantages in our daily life:-
- Neem acts as a blood purifier
- Neem is an excellent detoxifier
- Treats acne and skin diseases
- Maintains your oral hygiene
- Prevents dental caries and infections
- Neem paste is used to control dandruff
Amla: Citrus Ayurvedic Fruit
Amla’s scientific name is Phyllanthus Emblica. It is one of the most powerful rejuvenating herbs in the field of Ayurveda. Amla boosts our immune system. It also has excellent antioxidant properties. It stimulates the defense mechanism of our body. It protects our body from antibacterial, viral, and fungal infections like – dementia and Alzheimer’s. If amla is consumed regularly, then our body will become resistant to diseases.
Some of the advantages of Amla are:-
- Provides strength to heart muscles
- Reduces high blood sugar level
- Best ayurvedic fruit for hair, skin, and nails
- Reduces risk of cancer
- Helps in healing of mouth ulcers
Ashwagandha: Ancient Medicinal Herb
The Scientific name of Ashwagandha is Withania somnifera. It is also known by the name of Indian ginseng. It helps our body manage stress, boosts the brain’s functioning, helps cortisol levels, and helps fight depression and anxiety. The root of Ashwagandha contains antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. The use of Ashwagandha helps in vaginal infections, and it is used for yeast infections. Ashwagandha also regulates blood sugar levels.
The advantages of using Ashwagandha are:-
- Enhances memory and cognition
- Helps in managing weight
- Improves the health of your heart
- Promote thyroid health
- Helps in maintaining testosterone level in males
- Improve sleep patterns
Licorice: Beneficial Ayurevdic Herb
The Scientific name of Licorice is Glycyrrhiza glabra. Licorice has a sweet flavor, due to which it is used in herbal teas, candies, capsules, etc. Licorice is used to cure skin inflammation, itching, redness, and scaling. Licorice root extract is best as it is too effective against bacterial infections such as – impetigo, cellulitis, and folliculitis.
Advantages of Licorice are:-
- Provide relief from acidity and food poisoning
- Helps in treating cold and cough
- Works as anti-spasmodic, anti-bacterial and anti-aging
- Provide benefits in prostate gland problems
Different ayurvedic herbs have different benefits, and each herb is used for different purposes. Overuse of these herbs and medicines may lead to side effects. So take these medicines within the limit. If you are suffering from a long-term illness, it is best to combine Ayurveda with conventional medical treatment. Contact Doctor before taking Ayurvedic medicines.
Ayurveda has a cure for every disease, infection, and problem, and it is the most widely used mode of medicine in India.